I work primarily with men and women in Copperas Cove, Kempner, Lampasas, Killeen, Harker Heights (Greater Fort Hood, Texas area) who have unique health situations or conditions (including but not limited to back pain, anxiety, expectant mothers and moms who want to get back in shape after having a baby) and have been advised to try Yoga. I also help people who have tried public group classes and either feel lost or intimidated and prefer focused attention, as well as people who want a deeper understanding of yoga-based practices.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH NOELANI?
I have Passion and Conviction.
I am passionate about private and therapeutically-oriented yoga because I believe that people should know that they have options and choices when they “do” Yoga.
I love the look on my student's and client's faces when they realize they have found more comfort, space, strength and ease in their own body and minds. If people can learn to be aware of their own patterns – how they carry themselves, how they move, breathe, think and feel – they can make informed choices. If people are not aware or are not informed, they will not be mindful of the actions that they do. It is the lack of awareness that can get people hurt in Yoga, especially the posture-based practices.
I understand the struggles of physical limitations and chronic health conditions first hand.
I suffer from sacroiliac (SI) mobility and chronic back and hip pain related to my scoliosis. I have also struggled with insomnia, anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, and postpartum incontinence. As a former physician (obstetrician) who chose to leave a clinical practice , it has been a humbling experience to be trusting of health professionals and letting them do their job, while advocating for my own health and wellness. When I first got interested in Yoga in 2004, I enjoyed the posture practices without being mindful of the strain that I was placing my body in, and I did not explore other yoga-based practices or know that I could work privately with a teacher. In retrospect, I feel that had I invested in one on one work with a proficient teacher and learned yoga-based practices and remedies apart from postures, I may have been able to cope with my life struggles more effectively.
I have been helping people since 2014, and now that I am a Yoga Wellness and iRest® Teacher, its my mission to inform and educate people about how Yoga can help bring ease and relief by restoring balance where it is needed.
I have extensive Yoga-specific, Academic and Professional credentials.
Specialty Yoga Training
- Essential Low Back Pain Program (Essential Yoga Therapy with Robin Rothenberg)
- 500 hr Hatha Yoga Therapy (Yoga Yoga Austin)
- iRest® Level 1 Training (Integrative Restoration Institute through Yoga Yoga Austin)
- 200 hr RYT in Flow Based Hatha (Yoga Yoga Austin)
- Prenatal Yoga @ Beauty Blossom Birth, a therapeutics- based prenatal teacher training school
- Yoga Therapy Clinic Mentorship at Yoga Yoga Austin
Specialty Workshops and Continuing Education
- MuTu Pro™ Training for Management of Diastasis Recti and Rehabilitation after giving birth
- Better Backbends through Breathing/Preventing and Healing Injuries Through Yoga (Leslie Kaminoff)
- Core Strength Vinyasa Flow Training (Sadie Nardini)
- LifeForce Yoga to Manage your Mood (Amy Weintraub)
- Introduction to Back and Neck Pain (Susi Hately)
- Structural Viniyoga Therapy and Yoga for Stress Management (Gary Kraftsow)
- Yoga Therapy for Back Pain (Lilith Bailey-Kroll)
- University of Phoenix, Master of Business Administration
- De La Salle University Medical Center, OBGYN Residency Training (see disclaimer)
- University of the East-RMMMC, Doctor of Medicine (see disclaimer)
- University of the Philippines-Manila Campus, Bachelor of Science, Major in Biology
I'm an ordinary person who just happens to be devoted to helping people restore the balance that they need.
- I have been plagued since childhood with the paranoia that I have “purple thumbs”. While there have been some casualties along the way, our garden has proven that notion to be false.
- I auditioned for a broadway musical but did not make the cut (but it doesn’t matter it was an awesome, hysterical, beyond memorable experience that I will always cherish).
- I can sing and play the piano but I cant sing and play at the same time.
- I was named after Noelani Street, which is in Pearl City, Oahu, HI, and a fictional Hawaiian princess by the same name.
- When I am stressed out AND hungry, a startling transformation occurs (so says my husband).
- I am a Co-author of Resilience!